Mothers Love



MOTHERS ARE PRECIOUS

They give so much and ask for so little in return.

This is a photo of my mother when I was a tiny baby, doesn't she look so happy. She was very happy, as I was such joy after much sorrow of loosing a baby less than 2 years prior. 

My mother is now very elderly and no longer strong or able-bodied, but I love her just the same. My mother has given me with some beautiful memories that I will treasure and cherish forever. 


Most of all the other beautiful things in life comes twos and three, by dozens and hundreds.
  Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins
but only one mother in the whole world.

Kate Douglas Wiggin


Memories of my mother—

The smells of home cooked meals each day

The yummy cakes and biscuits she baked each week  

The books and classical music that occupied our home

My mother sewing and knitting us all clothes

Teaching me the many skills I have needed later in life

The sound of the piano on Sunday evening, the singing of hymns together

The cosiness of home that my mother created

Her ease with others

Talking to strangers

To see beauty around me

Her kindness and care of others

The importance of family

Her work ethic, her determination

Her example as a helpmeet to my father

Her love, her hugs.

Her smiles

Our special outings together

Believing in me

Her love of the Lord, her faith, her strength, her courage

Her love for my father


To be honest, it has nothing to do with the number of hours you spend with your children, it is what you teach them, show them, share with them, laugh with them, and how much you love them that is important.

Its the memories you build together that is important. 


A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.

~ Helen Steiner Rice ~


Comments

  1. Nobody is perfect - least of all mothers! It is good to thank our mothers while they are still with us - have you printed this out and posted it to her? I am sure she would appreciate it!!!
    When mothers are gone, we can bitter for what we have lost, or we can delight in our memories... God made mothers SO special!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't and yes she would :) I think she feels less like a mother now that she is in a nursing home feeling so hopeless.

      Delete
  2. I agree, mothers, mothering, and motherhood aren't so much about quantity of anything, rather quality of everything. I feel so blessed and excited to be a homemaker, guiding, teaching, learning, sharing, growing, feeding, cleaning, and loving on our littles, our home, and our family. It's so incredibly important to me that I pursue my passions, while also showing our littles the skills to create and pursue their passions as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sound like you love being at home and that you take your role as mother with a passion -it is great to see :))

      Delete
  3. I love this post - it is so beautiful! And yes, there is no one else in the world like a mother. If only we realised that when we were young enough to appreciate her as much as we should while we are still living at home with her.

    I love the new layout of your blog, Jo - it's really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment