Art Friday: Cats and books


Art Friday: Cats and Books

A home must have two things - piles of books in every room and a cat or two. 

And sometimes you can have them combined, especially in bed reading a book with a cosy cat curled up next to you. 


So why am I doing books and cats today - because I am about to do my most favourite activity, second-hand book buying at the bi-annual lifeline book fair. My dear friend Jill and I will spend several hours looking through thousands (that cover every topic under the sun) of  books before we go off to lunch to chat about the books we have bought. Then, this weekend I will spend ages looking through my books with Ruby and Charlie keeping me company.

What could be better!!

I have no idea what people do if they don't like books or cats (they must be mad!!).


You probably wondered about this art friday - would I find enough artwork that combined my two loves - cats and books. Of course I did.

Did you ever doubt me!!



*****

Comments

  1. LOVE the cat pics :) Found you thru Sandy's Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting:))) Glad you like the pictures, I love cats, they are just so sweet.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful dear! Just wonderful. I'm a book and cat person myself.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I always like to meet other book and cat people!! Its a great combination.

      Blessings

      Delete
  3. That last one is just gorgeous!! And my other favourite is the cats sitting on the bookshelf looking out the window.

    Enjoy your secondhand book fair - have a lovely day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a wonderful time at the book fair and thrilled with the collection of books I bought. Now I have a large pile of "to-read" books.

      Delete
  4. My 2 very favouritest things! But you knew that! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I just can't like cats - allergic to them. I will admit they are cute as kittens, but after that..... (we won't talk about it) =) Glad you enjoy them though =)
    love,
    Bets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a quiet word with Ruby and she said you can still be friends even though you aren't a cat person!!! She wasn't overly pleased with the comment that she wasn't cute anymore now that she wasn't a kitten anymore. She feels that she is not only sweet - she is adorable!!!

      Delete
  6. Somedays you amaze me!!! So many pieces of art on the subject - well done, some very cute too. I bought three books yesterday - must be in the genes!! War and Peace - read it nearly 40 years ago, anna karenina and one called appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more! It is so easy to attract a cat to your lap once you've sat down with a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think cats see their owners all comfortable with a book and think "the picture is incomplete" and up they hop!!

      Delete
  8. hehe my FAVOURITE art Friday EVER!
    Two of my favourite things! I giggled at the Eat Pray Love one - fantastic book!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment