Well earned rest



There is nothing wrong with taking a well earned rest.

It re-charges the batteries and gives us time to wind down, allowing our weary brains a break from solving the worlds problems (or just the household problems).  Don't panic if the ironing isn't done, it will still be there when you rise from your break.

Even an afternoon nap is a good once in awhile, mine is often on a Sunday afternoon with some classical music or hymns playing quietly in the background. 

So for 2013, don't forget to have plenty of rest . . . a quiet time that is not interrupted by children and husbands.
 
And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 
Genesis 2:2

Comments

  1. But how? =) Without hubby AND children?

    love,
    Bets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You send them our for a walk! We all need a small break from time to time so we don't go batty.

      Delete
  2. I get a break every now and then (every few weeks) by going shopping on my own. Other times I take out time on my own in the evening after the children are in bed and Dan is busy in his own pursuits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy my quiet time - it recharges my batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naps can be wonderfully reviving! :-) When I *had* to take one every day to survive it sometimes was a bit much, but these days I don't need them quite that often. (Actually, when we were under some extra stress recently I did for awhile - even taking two naps one day. They really do help with stress.)

    Mark 6:31 And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment