Art Friday: Tilt-shift photography


Art Friday: Tilt-shift photography

I will let you enjoy these photos and then I will tell you how they are done.








Tilt-shift photography is a creative type of photography in which the camera is manipulated so that a life-size location or subject looks like a miniature-scale model. All these photos you have just looked at full size real places. None are miniature to play with!! 

Here is a wikipedia explanation of tilt-shift: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt–shift_photography

It is pretty cool !!





Here is my first attempt at tilt-shift - can you see Santa?


Would love to see some of yours if you give it a try!

Comments

  1. As I was looking through the photos, I thought they looked like photos of models/minatures... but then I thought they couldn't possibly be miniature-scale because some of the photos were of subjects that aren't usually produced miniature-scale - eg. the fire street photo!

    Very clever indeed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I must show this to Dan - he might like to have a go at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a bit of fun to try, just need to find a position that looks down on to something.

      Delete
  3. This is fascinating! They really do look like toys. I was fooled till I read that you took the last one, and then I was surprised you'd go to that much trouble to make something like that, and I went back and actually read! haha. You got me good on that one. I might have to read up on this for future reference! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really clever and if you google it you will see many examples of this technique. I did it on my phone camera and used an editing tool I have that creates the line of focus.

      Delete

Post a Comment