Mother and son



No one said having children was easy and it isn't. It is hard work, sleepless nights (both when little and when big), worry, stress and all those other things.  However all the effort (at times it felt like climbing Mt Everest) that one puts into their children, it is returned beyond measure and when I look at my 24 year old son, I burst with joy.  He isn't perfect, nor am I. We are human with all our faults . . .  regardless, mothers look upon their sons as if they were perfect:)  

This photo was taken at our Mothers Day afternoon tea . . . mother and son. 

My son and his fiancĂ© took their mothers out for afternoon and spoilt us with a wonderful High Tea. I couldn't have asked for more. 


Love your sons dearly. Even when they grow up and leave home as mine have, they still need their mothers.  I get regular phone calls for help and advice . . . or just to chat. I am pretty good at providing advice over the phone these days.  Even though it is sad to farewell them, they must spread their wings and fly. But regardless of their independences, they are still little boys at heart and will ring and say "hi mummy" and your heart breaks with joy.

Comments

  1. Wow, great picture! God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I have to say, I have noticed I already have a different relationship with my son than I do with my daughter. Both are *very* special, of course! ;) You have done a wonderful job raising your sons, Jo, they are a credit to you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why boys are boys who love their mothers so much. But just hearing "mummy" from my sons warms the heart:)

      Delete
    2. My two are already very different.I didn't imagine how much fun it would be to have a boy and he is SUCH a sweetie! Lots to look forward to by the sounds of it =) But just enjoying each precious day now!
      love,
      Bets

      Delete
    3. Enjoy every moment as they grow up so fast and go off and do their own thing.

      Delete
  3. Good words and so true!
    As a mum of 2 young men, I totally agree with you, Jo.
    I know that "heart-breaking-joy" too :-)
    Lovely photo of you and your son!
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely photo of you both. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture of you two. And I know that my relationship with my son is incredible - and he's only 6. I can't wait to see the man he becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful...and yes, bittersweet, as they fly from the nest...and I so enjoy those adult hugs, which say without words, "mom love you"

    Great pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sweet Jo- this photo is both precious and priceless. Your son is so very handsome- and you look radiant and beautiful. If my son did this for me- I would be thrilled beyond measure!! You raised a very good boy:)
    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment