Give thanks

We Give Thanks by Jessie Willcox-Smith



In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God 
in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 


Even though we do not celebrate Thanksgiving Day in Australia we must never forget to GIVE THANKS, not just on one day, but everyday. There are many things to give thanks for, no matter how big or tiny they might be.

★★★

I would like to give thanks in regards to my husbands job.  He will be resigning next month and even though he doesn't have a new job to go to just yet, he is already feeling less stressed and worried. Whatever happens next, I will be trust in the Lord to provide and will be thankful for whatever occurs.
"The God of my rock; in him will I trust" (2 Samuel 22:3)

★★★

I thank the Lord daily for providing me employment that fits snuggly with our family and giving me the strength so I am not exhausted or stressed when I get home in the afternoon.   This allows me to create a warm and cosy home for my family.   I am also thankful that the Lord has provided me with a workplace that is suitable for a Christian woman to work, my work colleagues really are lovely and kind people.

★★★

I thank the Lord for my two beautiful children, they may cause me lost sleep on occasions (my youngest one more so), but bring up children was never meant to be easy! I pray that the Lord will provide my baby with employment which he needs as soon as possible.

★★★

I give thanks to the Lord for the wonderful home He has provided us, a place of refuge away from the noise of the world, a place to hide and recharge.  I feel privileged to be the keeper of this home and able to make it such a special place for my family.

★★★

I am thankful for living in a country that is safe and free, where we all can worship and voice our views  . . .  it may not be perfect but it is much better than lots of other places on this planet. 


 ★★★

And I am particularly thankful for the wonderful family and friends that I have, I feel truly blessed.  I am also VERY THANKFUL for all the wonderful blogging friends I have made over the last few years, it has been such a joy to meet other Christian women from around the world and share our faith together.  This is like "icing on top of the cake".  So THANKYOU SO MUCH.



 ★★★


Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
(Psalm 100)






Comments

  1. Those are wonderful things to be thankful for, Jo! :) I think sometimes we get so caught up in the day to day things that we forget to be *always* thankful. It's especially difficult to remember to be thankful in the hard times. But we need to try to remember - thank you for the reminder, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jo for the wonderful blog. We enjoyed a happy Thanksgiving today -- the weather was beautiful, close to 70. Just enjoyed a piece of coffee and chicory pecan pie, and a slice of mincemeat; ran out of room for the apple!

    "... which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth" (1 Tim. 4:3).

    LL
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Seems a few of us have been giving thanks here in OZ and quoting Psalm 100.
    Hope the employment situation works out for both your men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reminder Jo!
    I have been praying for you and dh for his job situation, keep us posted please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment