Mondays get such bad rap, people generally hate Mondays and moan and groan a great deal about getting up on Monday morning. In fact it is the most complained about day in the week and the one day people are late for work or take a "sickie".
It is not really fair, as Monday has done nothing wrong at all, it is just another day in our seven day week but treated so poorly.
Why do people hate Monday — people live for the 2 days of the week (Saturday and Sunday) where they can do whatever they please (which isn't really true anyway) and hate the idea of having to return to the drudgery of Monday (which is how many people see their work or school).
Its rather sad that we complain about Monday . . . and Tuesday . . . and Wednesday . . . getting slightly more happy by Thursday . . . feeling good by Friday . . . love Saturday and Sunday and then back to MONDAY. How we waste our lives, waiting endlessly for two days of the seven day week. Its rather tragic to be honest.
Is Sunday or Monday the first day of the week? The first day of the week varies all over the world. In most cultures, Sunday is regarded as the first day of the week although many observe Monday as the first day of the week. According to the Bible, the Sabbath or Saturday is the last day of the week which marks Sunday as the first day of the week for many Jewish and Christian faiths, while many countries regard Monday as the first day of the week. According to the international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week ending with Sunday as the seventh day of the week. Although this is the international standard, countries such as the United States still have their calendars refer to Sunday as the start of the seven-day week. (source)
The meaning of Monday: The name of Monday is derived from Old English Mōnandæg and Middle English Monenday, which means "moon day".
Monday arrives every 7 days whether we like it or not, we can’t stop it arriving so we need to deal with our attitude towards Monday.
* We need to remove the negativity from Monday and replace it with joy and cheerfulness — hey, it will be a great day, lets welcome it with a smile and some energy.
* We need to see Monday as a brand new day full of possibilities where we can do anything.
* We need to see Monday as a a day to bring happiness to others.
* We need to be thankful that we are in good health and able to enjoy Monday and have the opportunity to do something wonderful.
* We need to count our blessings — yes, the beginning of a work week can feel tedious — but if you have a job be grateful, if you are at home—wonderful, just appreciate what you do have, like the fact that you woke up today!
* Turn Monday from a negative day into something special and thank the Lord for giving us this day.
Lets make Monday a great day . . . lets make every day a great day and praise the Lord that we can enjoy the days He has given us. They are all special in their own way.
This is the day the has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.